What is a bar-supported removable denture exactly?
It is basically a removable bridge that attaches to 4 implants. The implants are located on both sides of each tooth position 2 (incisor) and 4 (premolars), so let the critical molar positions 5 and 6 are not involved. The implants are connected by a metal element, and the denture is fastened on that bar, allowing a very strong hold.
The bar-supported denture is the optimal compromise solution when
- In the rear area no sinus lift is possible or desirable
- The patient wants to afford only 4 implants
- The patient wants an optimal removable solution
- The patient wants to get the final solution faster
The advantages of the bar-supported denture at a glance:
The bar-supported prosthesis offers almost everything as a fixed bridge, but is removable.
- Only four implants necessary
- Can also be made at the back of bone loss
- Easy to clean
- Easy to repair
- Functionally almost like fixed teeth
- Very comfortable, no palate plate
- Aesthetically very high quality
- Costs about half of a stuck solution
HOW MUCH DOES A BAR-SUPPORTED DENTURE COST?
The preparation of this denture takes place in two phases, in the first treatment, the four implants are used, in the second, the prosthesis is created. The first stage costs 3220 € and includes the necessary 3D and 2D images, the 4 implants, as well as the obligatory medication package after the treatment. The second stage costs 2930 € and includes the necessary diagnostics, the implant heads, the metal connection bar and the bridge prosthesis.
Read our blog article about bar-supported denture HERE.