What is a bar-supported removable denture exactly?
It is basically a removable bridge that attaches to 4 implants. The implants are located on both sides of each tooth position 2 (incisor) and 4 (premolars), so let the critical molar positions 5 and 6 are not involved. The implants are connected by a metal element, and the denture is fastened on that bar, allowing a very strong hold.
The bar-supported denture is the optimal compromise solution when
- In the rear area no sinus lift is possible or desirable
- The patient wants to afford only 4 implants
- The patient wants an optimal removable solution
- The patient wants to get the final solution faster
The advantages of the bar-supported denture at a glance:
The bar-supported prosthesis offers almost everything as a fixed bridge, but is removable.
- Only four implants necessary
- Can also be made at the back of bone loss
- Easy to clean
- Easy to repair
- Functionally almost like fixed teeth
- Very comfortable, no palate plate
- Aesthetically very high quality
- Costs about half of a stuck solution